Pubs in Rochdale past and present

 

Bishop Blaise

Photograph November 1999
Photograph November 1999
   
Taken from the same position as the above photograph.
Photograph May 2012.
The Bishop Blais once stood on the carpark in front of the offices. The Rochdale Canal runs under the Oldham road at this point, bedind the offices. This area has been called 'The Port of Rochdale'.
   
Around 1908 the Bishop Blaise ws called Bridge Inn and Hannah Rothwell ws the licenced victuller.  
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
Return